GT Immigration attorney Kate Kalmykov will serve as a co-panelist at the 2014 AILA Midyear/Winter CLE Conference: Strategies in Advising and Processing Entrepreneur & Investor Visas on January 24, 2014. The “EB-5 Essentials Panel” includes Bernard Wolfsdorf, AILA Past President, and Nicolai Hinrichsen, Partner in the Immigration Department of Miller Mayer, and will examine both stand-alone and regional center-based EB-5 applications, as well as hybrid stand-alone/regional center applications and explore which is most suitable for investors and how to meet the requirements for each option. Topics of discussion include:
- Regional Centers and How They Operate
- Choosing a Regional Center—Due Diligence
- Job Creation Issues and the Importance of Business Plans
- Successful Capital Raises
- Conditions Removed if Investment Sustained and Jobs Created
- Hot Issues, Including Source of Funds, Borrowed Funds, Jointly Owned Collateral as Security and Path of Funds
For more information about the conference and to view of a full agenda, please click here.